How to Measure for Your Awning
Brasilia Athena Measuring & Install
- Your wall needs to be free of any obstructions (doors, windows, vents, light fixtures) over the whole width of the awning over, by an area 9.5” inches high.
- Measure the wall where you want to install your awning. You need at least 96 inches from the ground to any roof, eaves or overhang.
- Awnings have from 3 to 6 brackets, depending on length. It is easier to install on a wall than under the soffit if you have the choice.
- If your wall is made of masonry, you will need to have at least 4 rows of bricks over the top of the bracket for a safe installation. The weight of the rows above prevents the awning from pulling the bricks loose.
- Whether you are installing on siding, masonry or other types of wall, the outer corner of the walls have a few inches without structural parts. Consider this if you have limited space to install the brackets (because of a narrow wall or windows close to the corners.)
- If you don’t have free space on your wall, open the soffit and look inside your eaves. You need to see if your trusses or rafters are level or slanted and if they are strong enough to support the awning.
- Full measument specifics and installation requirements can be found in the manual by clicking the link below.
Not ready to pay online? No problem!
Full out the details below and we will email you a PDF 'No-obligation quotation' of your product.
Step-1: Choose the DROP & PROJECTION, using chart below, that best suits your needs. This will determine how far down the window the awning will come. For example Model #4 is described as having a 16" projection and a 20" drop. The DROP associated with the "Window Height" (A) is only a suggestion. You may choose any of the drops within the table you wish.
Step-2: Measure outside of window casing - edge to edge (B). If you mount the awning on the window casing (frame), this measurement is what you need. If you wish to mount the awning on the house wall then you need to add, at least, 1-1/2" on to each side to determine the final measurement. Awnings cannot be mounted on shutters.
Step-3: Color and Pattern Choices: Select the color & pattern that best compliments your home, from our selection.
- Available in solid or stripped pattern (No additional cost)
- Sides are available in solid color only (Series 3500)
- Undersides of all aluminum canopies are white only