Measuring and Installation Details
Brasilia Slim Retractable Awning Measurement Instructions
- Determine the width of the awning. This requires a clear span, with no obstructions. The awning needs to be mounted on a continuous uninterrupted plane. Be sure that light fixtures or down spouts are not in the way. The fabric is approximately 7" less than the frame width.
- Please be aware that although the awning rail requires a minimum of 6.5" (inches) to mount you should allow additional space above the awning (at least 1") for optimal operation of the awning.
- A minimum of 8'1" is required from the deck or patio to the top of the mounting space. The manufacturer suggests a mounting height of 9' is optimal. See following chart for more details. Note that the awning pitch can be adjusted up or down after the unit has been installed.
- You need space to slide the decorative caps in place, at least 3.5” on the motor or crank side and 2.5” on the other side. This is important if you want to have 2 awnings side by side or if you install in an inside corner.
- For awnings less than 16' wide, two brackets will be supplied for each end of the awning. Larger awnings will have a 3rd bracket for the middle.
- If you don’t have free space on your wall, open the soffit and look inside your eaves. You need to see if your trusses or rafters are level or slanted and if they are strong enough to support the awning. If your trusses are slanted, you will need to purchase rafter adaptors. These adaptors are NOT included in the price of your awning.
- To choose the side of the motor, stand outside, looking in at the house. The power cord is 24 feet long and plugs into a regular outlet.
- Full measurement requirements and installation specifications can be found in the manual below. Please review prior to ordering.
'The chart below denotes the maximum clearance with the pitch in the factory set position. Your new awning has been preset to this position at the factory. It does not require any further adjustment. The Brasilia Slim comes with flex-pitch built in so you may adjust the pitch as you see fit.
C = measurement from top of mounting space to deck
Projection of 8'
Projection of 10'
Projection of 11'7"
Not ready to pay online? No problem!
Full out the details below and we will email you a PDF 'No-obligation quotation' of your product.