You will need to obtain, from your local building department, a "pounds per square foot" load requirement as well as a "miles per hour" wind load requirement. We use these numbers to determine which thickness of panel you need.
These units are designed according to the available engineering for our roof systems. The screen wall system we supply will always be more than sufficient to support the roof and the load for your area. However engineering on the screen walls is not available. So if you are going to get a permit for this unit, we will incorporate, into the design, a set of beam and posts which will satisfy your municipal building department requirements.
As you can see, the above numbers are VERY important for both safety and so that you are not paying for more than you need!
Once you have these details we can start the quote process. You can do this using our guided web form, you can download and email a form to us, or you can call us at 1.800.922.4760. The goal is to define details like:
If you're ready to start the process you can use the quote form below. You can also download a PDF of the quote below. Please note that we prepare thousands of quotations every year and do them on a first come first serve basis. We will generally be able to respond and complete your quotation within 1-2 days. During peak season we may require up to 3 days to complete your quote.Quote Form Download Form
Example of the design specs we generate based on your sketch:
We ask for a drawing with the information requested below, so that we can simply and easily put together a materials list and cost for the correct configuration of your exact project.
- We will need the footprint you want your screen walls to occupy on your deck or patio. This will be given as the projection (distance away from the house wall) and the width of your front wall.
- We will need a back wall height measurement - either how high on your house wall will you be attaching your screen room roof or the ground to eave measurement if attaching to the front fascia board.
- We will need your desired projection and width of the roof. You will to design your roof to be at least 6" larger than the walls all the way around. If you are covering the entire deck, we suggest a 1' overhang on both sides and the front.
- Therefore, for example, if you have a 12' x 16' deck and you want the screen room to cover the entire deck. The footprint of your screen walls will be 12' x 16' (D, E in the drawing above). Then, assuming a one foot overhang, your roof will be 13' x 18' (A, B in the drawing above).
- If you want some help doing your own drawing you can simply print out the following form... For help with your request for quotation... click here! Use it to fill out the e-form below or you can scan it & email it to us or fax it to us!
- We will need to know if you have a chimney work-around with all the measurements. Extra inside and outside corners will be provided.
- Indicate on your drawing where you would like the door and give a measurement relative to a corner or to a house wall.
- Indicate whether you desire a kickplate option. You can have no kickplate, or an 18" or 24" tall kickplate.
Our engineers will work with you to make sure every detail is right. Once the specifications are complete, we'll send you a quote which will include cost, details and a drawing that indicates how to use the material. Once accepted, the next step is the custom manufacturing.Quote Form Download Form
Once we have reviewed your drawing and have all of your questions answered, we will send you your quotation which will include cost, details and a drawing that indicates how to use the material.
As soon as you approve the quote, our manufacturers where all the parts of your screen wall solution are custom cut, configured and combined into a"do it yourself" kit that's shipped right from the manufacturer's warehouse right to your door.
Formed in April 1948, our manufacturer has pioneered the design, customization and shipping residential and light commercial building products for over 70 years. With two Birmingham, AL facilities combining 300,000 square feet and locations in Raleigh, NC, Kansas City, MO and Carrolton, TX add another 125,000 square feet of warehousing and distribution space.
As soon as manufacturing is complete, the product is shipped to your door. See the next step"Delivery" for details.
Delivered Right To Your Door
Your customized and complete kit is manufactured and shipped right to your door. We have been shipping screen wall kits and many other products to customers in thousands of communities across the United States and Canada...
Installation and Beyond
This is a"materials supplied" screen room system designed to add beauty and functional 3 season living space to your home. To help you close in your existing roof line, you will receive 16' and 20' lengths of material. All material is extruded aluminum, and will be supplied in up to 4 different profiles depending on your application. You will be cutting both the vertical and horizontal profiles from these 16' & 20'lengths, and screwing them together, much like an Erector set! A chop saw with a metal blade is all you need. Our system is supplied with everything 'internal' to the kit including all the screws, mullion clips, spline, screening and weather-stripping required for your application.
8' x 16' Screen Enclosure
8' x 20' Screen Enclosure
8' x 24' Screen Enclosure
10' x 20' Screen Enclosure
10' x 24' Screen Enclosure
12' x 16' Screen Enclosure
12' x 20' Screen Enclosure
12' x 24' Screen Enclosure
12' x 24' Screen Enclosure
14' x 24' Screen Enclosure
No need to design and and source material separately or spend thousands on a contractor. Complete DIY kits delivered to your door.Contact Us