Delivery & Receiving Instructions
General Receiving Information
Please note that the estimated delivery time quoted to you at the time of your order is based on information received from the manufacturer at that time. We do our best to provide a close estimate based on the product, season and demand, but ti can never be a guarantee of delivery time. ScreenHouses Unlimited will inform you immediately if we become aware of a change in circumstance from the manufacturer.
In keeping with our high standard of customer service, both as a company and with the manufacturers we represent, we would ask that you keep the following instructions for when you receive your order.
Whenever possible, for smaller items, UPS or Fedex will be used as the delivery company. UPS and Fedex deliveries must be within the Contiguous US. UPS will not deliver to APO, FPO or PO Box #'s. Deliveries to non-UPS shippable addresses may not be possible OR may take longer to arrive and may cost more money. We do not offer "Special Shipping" (3-Day, 2-Day, Overnight, etc.), we ship UPS Ground Only. Larger items will be delivered by Common Carrier (ABF Freight, N&B, APA, Yellow Freight,Overnite Express, Estes or any other major carrier deemed worthy by the manufacturer).
Many of our products are shipped via Common Carrier/Freight Truck (LTL), using several different Common Carrier companies which are selected at the discretion of our represented manufacturers. To help avoid damages some of our "materials supplied kits," which have materials longer than 8', may be cut in multiple pieces; any of these materials may be cut to any lengths and spliced at any location at the sole discretion of ScreenHouses Unlimited.
The carrier (delivery company) is paid to call you and set up a delivery time. At that time please take down the shipping company name and phone number. If they don't show up exactly on time, it would be the shipping company you would call. ScreenHouses Unlimited and Patio Concepts Inc. are not responsible for how the shipping company adheres to their shipping schedules. We will assist in any way we can however we may not be able to affect the day's outcome.
The following applies to common carrier deliveries with the exception of those noted below as 'exceptions' in yellow highlight.
- Shipments by common carrier are delivered to or as close to the purchaser's property line (Driveway) provided the location is deemed accessible by the delivering freight carrier. The drivers' responsibility ends by opening up the back of the truck, though they do help in most cases. The driver is not responsible to unload to the curb. It is highly recommended that you have someone to help you unload your unit from the truck and into the garage or backyard.
- A standard 12 foot square screen room comes in a 7' high, 4' wide and 10' deep box weighing 125lbs. A standard 12' x 10' patio awning weighs approximately 160 pounds. A 12' x 24' steel garage is a set of 5 - 150lb. boxes. In all cases your unit will be shipped and packaged such that two people can carry any portion of your unit.
- You will be given a reasonable time frame to unload freight ranging between 15-30 minutes. Please be aware that freight is prepaid and that no additional expenses should be paid to delivering freight Carriers for deliveries described above. In the event that a clerical error has occurred - call us as soon as you can at 1.800.922.4760
- If you wish to have the shipping company do more than what has been laid out above, they do have "pay for service" options available (delivery in garage, backyard, etc.). You will need to discuss that with the shipping company when they call to make the delivery time arrangements.
In The Case of Damage
Please note that shipping companies reserve the right to come out to the site to inspect any damages being claimed. Most shippers and drivers are wonderful people and do their best to assist you and the vast majority of deliveries happen without issue; however damage and accidents can occur. If there is damage, we are here to help. By following the instructions below, we take the responsibility of dealing with shipping companies and damage claims out of your hands and will be able to send replacement material out in a timely manner.
- Inspect the boxes carefully for any damage or holes and ensure the number of boxes received matches the bill of lading.
- Please note ALL damages and shortage on the bill of lading which the driver has you sign.
- There may not be any damage to the unit itself, however, if we do need to get some new parts out to you, knowing who is responsible for the damage will help speed the process up.
- Please understand that it is only the most extreme cases of damage where the shipment should be refused. If you are considering refusing, please attempt to get hold of us while the driver is still there. We will try to guide you in this decision.
- If the damage is so severe as to warrant that the unit be refused, know in advance, that it may take several weeks to get a replacement shipped depending on inventory and season. Damage replacements are priority, but in the middle of peak season it is not always possible to turn things around quickly.
If you have purchased a W Pan, Flat Pan or Insulated Patio Cover | Hard Top Screen Enclosure | Screen Wall Porch Screening System
- Inspect the boxes and contents carefully. If there is damage to the contents of any box, the entire box is to be returned.
- Keep all boxes whose contents are not damaged!
- Please note All Damage on the bill of lading which the driver has you sign.
Special Instructions for the 'exceptions:' The carrier is under instruction to take back all boxes with damaged material and leave the rest. There is room for your use of judgment in this process. For example if you have a 24' beam that has been badly damaged 2 feet from one end and you are only using 20 feet of the beam on your unit, there is no advantage in sending the beam back. Boxes that are properly documented and sent back will then be replaced and shipped out to you promptly. Please call us with the items that were damaged so we can expedite the order.
What we can do
- Work with you, the shipping company and the manufacturer to get you the replacement parts as quickly as possible. Manufacturing times and shipping distances will obviously affect timelines.
- Be considerate, polite and understand that delays can be very frustrating and do our best to minimize the impact. We are shoppers ourselves and make every effort to provide exceptional customer service that we would want for ourselves. Its the reason we are still here after more than 20 years in the business!
What we cannot do
- We cannot get replacement materials for damage that is not noted at the time of delivery.
- We have limited control for claims of damage after the unit has been signed for 'as received in good condition.' Most carriers have a 5 day limit for concealed damage, and even then can be difficult to recover any damage compensation which is why it's best to note eveything on the BOL when receiving the product. We will work with you and the carrier and do our best to get to an acceptable resolution, but be aware of the challenge.
- We cannot offer 'inconvenience' compensation for timelines that change due to damage during shipping. We do not have direct control of the freightlines and any compensation must be sought from them directly. We will assist with the processs.
- We cannot offer 'inconvenience' compensation for timelines that change due to manufacturing or shipping delays.
- We cannot offer compensation for agreements between our customers and their contractors that may be affected by shipping damage, manufacturing delays or shipping delays.
Unfortunately, over the years a few bad experiences have forced the need for very specific rules, so that both parties are protected. At the end of the day we are are still reasonable people and want only successful customers. We will always work to find a resolution that is acceptable to all parties within the constraints noted.
We hope we can be of service to you again. Be sure to book-mark us as your choice for top quality Do-It-Yourself Home Improvement products at a sensible price. Please also feel free to call anytime to discuss the details above further and understand how they might impact your project.